Skipping Breakfast will cause you to gain weight…
Always eat breakfast in the morning. It should be your largest or second largest meal of the day. You don’t do yourself any favours by skipping breakfast as your body needs fuel to perform and depriving yourself of nourishment first thing in the morning causes your system to go into “starvation mode”, meaning it gets a message to start storing fat in anticipation of a food “drought”.
A well-balanced breakfast should include:
- Carbohydrates: Fruit, Oats, Whole Grains
- but too many carbs will result in low energy levels
- Fibre: Freekeh, Fenugreek, Oatmeal
- Healthy fats: nuts, almond butter
- Protein: Tofu or any soy-based product, Nuts & Seeds, Quinoa, Sprouted Brown Rice, Vegetables, Freekeh, Greek Yogurt & organic Eggs