Change your eating habits!
You should know that you can easily loose weight simply by changing your eating habits. The only effort required is your willingness and determination to adopt and adapt to a healthy eating regimen. NO DIETING and NO STARVING required. And you can still enjoy TREATS occasionally which means you don’t have to give up your favourite foods forever, as long as the majority of your meals every week are on the healthy side.
It may be overwhelming and discouraging at first when you realize that the fast and convenient food diet you’ve been raised on is pretty devoid of nutrients, not to mention disease-causing. There will be a learning curve to overcome as you become acquainted with all the foods you didn’t know about that will help restore your health. That is what this website is all about. Check out the “Ingredient Substitutes” tab and you will find options and suggestions to replace the unhealthy foods you were eating with healthy alternatives.
Start Caring About You!
By making a commitment to start caring about your body, not only will you be rewarded with the weight loss you are seeking, but you will also start feeling better and discover that you are able to do new things you couldn’t do before.
Here are a few pointers to help you out:
- eat Breakfast!: when you skip breakfast, your body experiences prolonged fasting which increases the body’s insulin response to store fat
- consume lots of Fibre like Rice Bran (21 to 38g per day)
- foods high in fibre and protein help maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes
- meal replacement drinks and bars should contain at least 5g of protein and 3g of fibre
- reduce Sugar intake!
- drink lots of Water!
- Exercise! (even if it’s only once a week, it helps and it’s better than nothing!) – this helps improve insulin sensitivity
- get your carbs from foods that are high in nutrition and are low in calories & on the GI (glycemic index): cruciferous & green leafy veggies, bell peppers, sprouts, zucchini
- Vitamin B is required for proper metabolism of fats, proteins & carbs
- Vitamin D – get 15 min. of sunshine per day or take a supplement
- finish eating your last snack 3 hrs before bedtime and avoid cabohydrate heavy suppers
Resulting from our western diet, environmental factors, lack of sleep and lack of exercise causes our adrenal glands to release excess cortisol which then stimulates the release of glucose, amino acids and fatty acids into the blood. These remain there for longer periods, leading to glucose intolerance, hypertension, loss of muscle mass and high insulin levels.
- these disturbances lead to weight gain, particularly abdominal fat and obesity, which snowballs into Type 2 Diabetes, Metabollic Syndrome, Cardiovascular & Cerebrovascular Diseases.
With a doctor’s supervision, you can try an alternate-day calorie restriction diet to improve multiple ailments, as well as weight loss
- consume around 2,300 calories one day and 900 calories the next
Here are some supplements available at your local health food store that can help in addition to following a proper diet:
- Bitter Orange Extract (Citrus Aurantium) increases metabolic rate and energy expenditure when taken for 6 to 12 weeks – must be diluted with a carrier oil; avoid sun when taking
- Garcinia Cambogia (rind from this fruit is called Tamarind) suppresses the appetite and blocks fat storage
- formula must have 60% HCA (hydroxycitric acid) extract naturally bound to calcium & potassium in hydroxycitrate form to be bioavailable and efficient
- Green Coffee Bean Extract contains the antioxidant Chlorogenic Acid which helps reduce fat accumulation and insulin resistance
- formula must include Chlorogenic Acid & 5-Caffeoylquinic Acid in a 5:1 ratio
- Green Tea Extract (EGCG) which contains catechins
- Raspberry Ketones protect liver cells while reducing liver inflammation and overall fat