Feeling Anxious? Hyperventilating? Having a Panic Attack?
Whatever the cause of your anxiety, a very quick and effective remedy is to BREATHE!
Take several deep breaths…
- Inhale slowly…
- exhale slowly while focusing on positive, empowering thoughts…
This will immediatly help calm you.
When you feel stressed, you stop breathing. When you stop breathing, your body panics because it can’t survive without oxygen. By focusing on your breath and thinking pleasant thoughts, you will immediately calm down enough to regain control of your situation. Then you can assess your options on how to deal with things from a more grounded and level-headed perspective.
“These mountains that you’re carrying, you were only supposed to climb.” – Najwa Zebian
Stress and Anxiety kind of go hand and hand
Stress is your response to a threat (real or perceived).
- Physical Activity reduces stress. Endorphins produced in the brain from exercise are natural painkillers that also help you sleep.
- Take your dog for a walk or take the neighbor’s dog for a walk
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood, explore local pedestrian trails & walkways
- go for a jog or a bicycle ride
- sign up for an exercise class through your rec centre or the YMCA
- join a sports league and enjoy your favorite activity in a group setting
Anxiety is how you react to that threat. If not dealt with, this can become a chronic condition that will end up taking a psychological, emotional and physical toll.
- There are endless styles of slow-movement wellness classes that help with the mind-body connection
- Learn and practice meditation
- Join a Yoga or Pilates class
- Try Tai Chi & Qi Gong
- Join a FB group that celebrates positivity and provides endless words of encouragement
Here are some supplements that can help for different types of anxiety:
Generalized and Social Anxiety Disorders
- B-Complex Vitamins and 500mg of Vitamin C per day can help lower anxiety, improve mood & moderate stress
- Niacinamide (a non-flushing form of Vit. B3) calms the nervous system
- Rhodiola Rosea, Chamomile & St-John’s Wort are extracts that are psychoactive without side effects but lots of benefits
- try Valerian or a combo of valerian root extract, gamma-aminobutyric acid & powdered glycine
Depression can be debilitating. The feeling of overwhelm and helplessness can feel unbearable. If the cause of your depression is situational, meaning it’s due to unhappy circumstances in your life, you can get professional help from:
- Emotional Support Groups
If your depression appears to be due to a chemical imbalance in the brain, there are many studies being done to find remedies. One study is looking into Psilocybin, which is the active ingredient in “magic mushrooms.”
Changes in brain activity were observed weeks after test participants used the supplements. Brain scans taken before and after showed decreased blood flow and reduced symptoms of depression.
- Several people described feeling “reset,” “defragged” & “rebooted”
Psilocybin seems to be more effective at dissolving the root causes of anxiety & depression than pharmaceutical drugs. The difference is that people using psilocybin experience a feeling of “release” compared to feeling “blunted” when using pharma drugs.
More research is ongoing but Psilocybin Mushroom Capsules are availabe NOW.