The China Study
Now there’s a hot topic. I recommend that everyone who has cancer and everyone who doesn’t want to get cancer to read “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell, PhD & Thomas M. Campbell II, MD. This book has been a real eye opener for me and has really influenced what foods I choose to put in my body to stay healthy.
#1 Recommendation to PREVENT cancer
If you are healthy and aren’t prepared to give up all animal protein, you can make better choices where meat is concerned: buy only organic, grass-fed, non-gmo meat and eggs and consume these sparingly. Cut back your meat-based meals to two per week, avoid deli meats and start consuming more meals containing vegetables, beans, grains, legumes, leafy greens, fruits etc.
More top prevention strategies
- Apply sunscreen and take Vitamin D: need levels between 90 & 120 nmol/L
- Keep your BMI between 18.9 & 24.9: maximum fat intake should be 30% of calories (% of calories from fat: Butter 100% – McDonalds Double Cheeseburger 67% – Whole Cow’s Milk 64% – Ham 61% – Hot Dog 54% – Soybeans 42% – 2% Milk 35%)
- Get active and stay active
- Consume antioxidants like turmeric, dark berries and leafy greens
- Avoid processed and fried foods: unsaturated oils are damaged by oxygen & light, first forming peroxides, then aldehydes, many of which are carcinogenic – this process is sped up by heat from frying
- Reduce Omega 6 consumption
- Get 8 hrs of sound sleep
#1 Recommendation to HEAL cancer
Remove all animal protein from your diet right now! That includes all Red Meat, Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Fish, Dairy and Eggs. This includes all processed meats such as hamburger, hot dogs, bacon, sandwich meats etc. By consuming these products, you are feeding the cancer cells and helping them grow. Stop putting animal proteins in your body and the cancer cells starve and shrink.
#2 Recommendation to HEAL cancer
Balance your body’s pH level to around 7.5. On the pH scale, 0 means acidic and 14 means alkaline. You should aim to ingest 80% Alkaline foods which generally comprise raw fruits & veggies and keep Acidic foods at 20%, those being cooked foods and all meats. An acidic body is succeptible to sickness and many diseases can be cured simply by altering the environment that allows them to thrive by making it more alkaline.
- almonds, apples, avocado, beans & lentils, berries, bok choy, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, chives, collards, dark green leafy vegetables, flaxseeds (ground), garlic, grapes, green tea, kiwi, leeks, lemon, onions, oranges, papaya, peppers, pineapple, salmon, scallions, soy products, strawberries, tomatoes, turmeric (eating foods raw provides more nutrients than cooked)
- Basil protects the body from oxidative stress & DNA damage; certain basil leaf extracts inhibit the growth of certain cancers and KILL established cancer cells
- CoEnzyme Q10: you should supplement with this if you are taking statin drugs as they deplete the body’s natural stores – choose Ubiquinone over Ubiquinol for better value per milligram; it has anti-cancer effects
- Dark chocolate (min. 70% cocoa): cocoa is an anti-oxidant that inhibits the growth of certain cancers like colonic, prostate & breast, but eat in moderation and avoid high sugar content, milk in chocolate diminishes the positive attributes
- Fenugreek can KILL some types of cancer cells
- Mistletoe Extract (Viscum album L or European mistletoe) enhances the immune system’s ability to find and destroy cancer cells
- Omega 3: increase your intake to lower risk of breast cancer
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) helps induce death of cancer cells
- Maitake (Grifola frondosa) shows significant anti-tumour action and improves immune system support during cancer treatment
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) may inhibit cancer cell growth and influence gene expression involved in cancer cell survival and proliferation
- Shiitake (Lentinus edodes) exhibits potential antitumour activity and may slow the growth of some cancer cells
- Turkey Tail (Coloriolus versicolor) may improve overall survival of cancer patients
- Aminotiazole: a herbicide used on cranberry crops
- Nitrites: meat preservative & flavour enhancer in hot dogs and bacon
- Red Dye #2
- Artificial Sweeteners (cyclamates & saccharin)
- Dioxin: contaminant of industrial processes & Agent Orange
- Aflatoxin: fungal toxin on moldy peanuts & corn
Here is a brief description of how cancer starts:
- Carcinogens are industrial or natural byproducts that can initiate cancer-prone cells as they enter the liver cell
- The carcinogen is metabolized by an enzyme where it becomes dangerous and attacks the DNA; most damaged DNA gets repaired but some cells multiply before all the repairs are done so cancerous cells occur & multiply
- BUT they will not grow & multiply unless the right conditions are met and will remain dormant until all the missing factors occur
- Some dietary factors feed cancer growth: Casein (which makes up 87% of cow’s milk) and animal protein in general promotes and increases cancer growth
- protein and nutrients from plant-based food prevent the cancer from multiplying and even reverses the cancer’s progress
In BC, if you have been diagnosed with cancer, contact a Doctor at InspireHealth to receive Integrative Cancer Care available at no cost to you.
The sad truth when it comes to conventional cancer treatments is that more people die from the treatments than they do from the cancer
If you’d like to get help to heal your cancer from a highly successful, wholistic and affordable clinic, check out this site: http://www.hoxseybiomedical.com/clinic-information/
This treatment uses the most powerful toxin known to man to annihilate the cancer cells while also destroying all the healthy cells and just ends up causing more cancer to develop.
- Only stem cells can be a source of cancer if the DNA is subjected to radical damage
- Chemo & radiation stimulate the cancer stem cells
- Everyone gets secondary and adverse effects from chemo or radiation
- According to a 2004 report, you will likely die from chemo within 5 years
∗If your health care provider recommends chemo or radiation, ask them if they would choose this option for themselves or their loved ones…
- oncologists get kickbacks from prescribing chemotherapy drugs (this process is camouflaged as a “reimbursement”)
If you’ve had chemo or choose chemo as a treatment, you can help reduce negative side effects by following a water fast for 2-6 days prior & 5-56 hrs after chemo (make sure to speak to your doctor who can advise you in your situation).
- Mistletoe Therapy is used to increase the antitumour effects of chemotherapy and is administered via injection therapy under the supervision of a naturopathic doctor
- Serrapeptase can dissolve the protective coat of a cancer cell, making chemotherapeutic remedy more effective
Mistletoe Extract may prevent cancer recurrence in those who have undergone tumour removal.
You want to try following a Doctor-supervised Ketogenic diet which has had successful results for some patients. Sometimes, you get a bleak forecast about your disease that doesn’t necessarily manifest itself as predicted, like in the true-story movie called “The Blue Butterfly”
For more info on how meat consumption directly affects breast cancer and a list of cancer-fighting foods: The Meat-Cancer Connection
Vitamin D: we need levels between 100 & 150 nmol/L for breast cancer prevention as it may help cells stick close together & discourage rapid cell division (cancer)
- those with breast cancer should increase Vit. D levels to 40,000 IU per day in the short term to boost levels
Milk Thistle is potentially beneficial for estrogen-dominant conditions like breast cancer by promoting apoptosis (cell death) and enhances the effects of chemotherapy.
Harmful: Tomoxafin used to treat breast cancer actually causes cancer
The microbes in the large intestine need to ferment fibre to produce short-chain fatty acids to be used as an energy source.
A lack of fibre in your system damages the protective mucus layer in the colon and increases the likelihood of developing colitis as well as colon cancer.
This cancer affects the colon and the rectum which are parts of the digestive system.
- Inactivity is a contributing factor
- consuming 50g of processed meat per day (1 weiner or 3 strips of bacon) increases lifetime risk of this cancer by 18%
- Drink Dandelion Tea regularly
- Dandelion Root Extract may cause these cancer cells to go through apoptosis (preprogrammed cell death)
This may be caused by aflotoxins (a fungal toxin found on mouldy peanuts and corn). Avoid cheap peanut butter to reduce your risk of exposure. During processing, the best peanuts are selected to be sold “whole” while the worst ones are camouflaged for sale by being mashed into butter.
Some healthful tips:
- drink dandelion tea regularly
- Dandelion Root Extract may cause these cancer cells to go through apoptosis (pre-programmed cell death)
- Mistletoe Extract may improve quality of life
- Resveratrol (in red wine) enhances pancreatic function
This a completely preventable disease (through diet) and so many men die needlessly simply from neglecting their yearly visit to the Doctor’s for a medical check-up. Just like Cervical Cancer for women where a yearly PAP test will catch this early, it is totally treatable, but deadly if gone unnoticed. The problem with both of these diseases is if you wait to experience symptoms to deal with it, it’s too late. The disease has progressed for a long time, passed the point of no return. But a simple yearly check-up to get a PSA test allows you to deal with it immediately and nip it in the bud so you can continue to enjoy your life. The minor inconvenience of getting this done would save your life, so what’s your life worth to you?
A meat-based diet can lead to prostate cancer as is evidenced by the rising rates for diagnosis of this preventable disease. Huge evidence exists to show that a vegan diet helps to lower PSA levels. Read “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell.
PSA: prostate-specific antigen; higher levels indicate higher risk
Foods that can lead to Prostate Cancer:
If you’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer, cut these foods out of your diet and watch your PSA levels go down and your cancer disappear. Considering the usually slow progression of this disease, there’s a high probability that the cancer would disappear before your surgery date came up simply by adjusting your diet and removing all animal proteins, which feed the cancer cells. If you don’t have prostate cancer, now’s the time to reduce your consumption of these products to remain healthy. Don’t knock till you try it:
- alcohol is an estrogen mimic & fungal-derived toxin (mycotoxin)
- dairy products and refined grains
- processed & red meats, especially grilled, fried & broiled
- tobacco contains mycotoxins & carcinogens
Prevention & Reversal:
- eat lots of fruits and veggies
- buy organic & avoid xenobiotics & xenoestrogens
- Lycopene has the ability to reduce the risk of prostate cancer: take 30mg/day = 2 tbsp (30ml) tomato paste or 1 cooked tomato
- also found in apricots, strawberries, grapefruits and guavas
- low-dose selenium reduces incidences of prostate cancer: take 50 mcg/day = 1 brazil nut
- supplement with ground flaxseed & Omega 3’s
- take Saw Palmetto and Vit. D
- maintain levels of Vit. K for its protective effects against prostate cancer
- increase organic non-gmo soy that contains isoflavones that lower prostate cancer cell growth
- Walnuts and walnut oil slow prostate cancer growth