“IBD” includes Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis (UC) where the digestive tract is chronically inflammed. Symptoms include frequent diarrhea, pain, fatigue, nausea and weight loss due to malnutrition.
AVOID: bad fats, corn, lactose, omega 6 fatty acids, wheat and refined sugar to starve the bad bacteria
- the modern diet contains an overabundance of the polyunsaturated fat Omega 6 which induces inflammation
This affects only the large intestine causing frequent & bloody diarrhea, weight loss, abdominal pain and bowel urgency
- take 100ml Aloe per day
- consume monounsaturated fats from sources like olive oil
This affects sections of the small and large intestine causing abdominal pain, weight loss, diarrhea, nausea & vomiting
- take a Vit. D supplement
Consume the following to help boost good bacteria:
- Monounsaturated fats from olive oil
- Prebiotics: fibers found in bananas, onions and flaxmeal can soothe inflammation
- Probiotics: certain bacterias may help reduce inflammation so include the following in your daily diet: yogurt, kefir, fermented sauerkraut, kimchi, sourdough and pickles that contain “live bacteria”
- Soluble fibre
Check out this site to learn more about gut health.